Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Friday, September 21, 2007

Day 5 - Legs & Back

Well, I'm almost through the week 1 of 13. I've only been doing P90X now for only a couple of days, and I feel like I'm making progress. I've been sticking to the nutrition plan (I will never call it a "diet") and I've noticed a difference. I'm more "awake" during the day, my mind is "clearer", I can concentrate more, I don't get that mid-day slow-down.

I've lost 2-3 lbs on the scale, which I thought ironic since I'm eating MORE than I ever did. Since I'm staying focused on sticking 110% w/ the nutrition plan, and the P90X workout plan, my self-esteem has gone up. I could go on for hours, but if this is only day 5 / week 1, I can't wait till day 91.

Legs&Back today was pretty intense (as usual). Luckily, by having Yoga X yesterday, my body was fully strecthed out, wasn't stiff, and I don't think I've done that many lunges in so many different ways. I hated working out legs in college, and I still hate it now. However, I want to have the "full package" Upper body and lower body. What killed me in this workout where the wall-squats. OUCH!!! My wife watched me during the routine and kept give me (what she thought) "advice" to go lower or to straighten my legs. Thanks! :(

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the Chin-up bar. I can hit every pull up position!! Easy Up before the workout/ easy down after. Working on "Quality" instead of "Quantity" my pull up #'s lowered, but I believe I'm getting the better deal.. Sure the guys/girls on tv can do 18-20 while I'm only doing 6-10. But they started exactly where I'm at, so that's my motivation. I'm still using the chair w/ my chin-ups, but I'm pushing myself to use it less and less each time. But, if I use the chair less and less each day. I'll be a pull up king by day 90.

I'll be back tommorow pushing play.

No comments: