Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Day 20 - Jet Li has nothing on me!!

What a great way to end week 3.

I think that I took it to a whole new level today w/ Kenpo X. I never stopped moving. If I wasn't kicking I was busting out the highest running knees. If I was kicking I was using all the technique and skills from my prior M.A. experience to , instead of regular front kicks and side kicks, I did round house kicks, hook kicks, jump switch kicks. I think that I sweated more on this one day than all this week combined. I DEFINITELY feel it in my glutes, especially my butt. I will also surely need X stretch tomorrow to limber me up some.

The end of week 3 came with a BANG! I brought my "A" game tonight and completed ripped Kenpo X a new one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to comment that while the beginning of kenpo X w/ the kicks is great, and the punching sequence is awesome, the workout lacks when it gets into the arm blocks. My heart rate goes way down out of the "zone". I think they could take some moves out (i.e. The elbow up-down-left-right throws) because they do nothing for me. To try to get the most out of the block sequence, I focused on maintaining a low low horse stance and go for MAX reps during the time instead of keeping w/ Tony's 20-25 throw pace. I was almost tempted to hit the replay button to go through the punching/kicking sequence again

I'm going to go out and get me some hand or wrist weights to see if it makes any difference.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play.

No comments: