Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Friday, November 30, 2007

Day 68 - Legs

YES!! IT's pullup day today.. Oh yeah, I have legs too :)

Today, I really wasn't as pumped on doing the workout. It's Friday, it's been a really long week, work has been hectic as every... blah...blah...blah... I just wanted to come home, have a nice dinner and have alittle R&R for the rest of the day. I was actually trying to talk myself outta doing Legs & Back today. Giving every excuse under the sun about slacking off today for God Only Knows type of reasons. So I had to take a step back and take some of my own advice I've been giving out.

I was already home, my son was asleep, wife busy doing "girl stuff" on the computer, and I had the living room all to myself. So I made myself a deal. Push play for 10 minutes and re-evaluate after that.

Well, after an hour and twenty minutes later (the ENTIRE Legs&back and Ab Ripper X) I was feeling pretty good about myself. I was so glad that I pushed play. After the 10 minutes, I was already in the groove, my heart rate was up and I already had done a few pullups. So there was NO WAY I was going to push STOP.

I knew after the first exercise of Reverse Grip Chin-ups that I wasn't going to stop, NO WAY, NO HOW. You want to know why? Because I busted out 12 chin-ups. NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Man, I was pumped. I just did more reps today that I've ever done. I was excited, I even ran into the office where my wife was and had to tell her what I just did. While she thought I turned crazy, jumping up and down about doing chinups, I was ecstatic. I even did more of the much hated: Squat Jump Switch Pickups.

On all the leg exercises that called for weights, I used 15#.

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play.

No comments: