Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 55 - Recovery Yoga

Ouch! Eww! Oh! Uhhh! Eeeep!!!
Those are just a few of the noises I was making today during yoga. I get going hard and strong in Core this week, as well as "mistakenly" doing Chest/Shoulders/Triceps on Monday kinda put my muscles into "I hate you" mode and decided to stiffen up and become sore on the one day that being sore and stiff DOES NOT HELP!!!

Eventually, after the hour and a half of contorting my body into positions that are equally as painful to be in as they are to get into, I became pretty stretched out and actually pretty good afterwards.

Once again, if you don't have a Yoga Block, I highly recommend buying/borrowing/making one. This really saved me today. I was able to get a nice stretch, and use the different heights of the block to support me so that I didn't have to "hang" there.

My left rotator cuff still gives me problems when I do my left hand high in the air. So modifying for me, I just put my hand on my waist and point my elbow as high as I can.

One of my friends even used a 5lb bag of sugar once because they didn't have a yoga block and needed something ASAP. Another friend used a small, but thick, hardback book. So you see, there are lots of items around the house that one could use to get the job done.
********************************************************************************
Wow! Has it been 8 weeks of 13 ALREADY!?!? I feel like I'm an oldie now. I'm about to start the Final and Last of the phases: Phase III.
It's almost like that senior in high school feeling when you know that your going to graduate and move on to bigger and better things, but you have to leave your friends behind. Well, I'm not really leaving anyone, but you guys get the idea.
I'm excited about this phase because it changes every week!!! WOO HOOO!!!!
My wife made be go buy some new pants the other day because she was tired of me wearing pants 2 sizes to big.
I'm going to be posting my week 8 photos tomorrow and Day 60 photos are coming up on Thursday.
I truly don't think I would have gone this hard, this long and stay this focused if it wasn't for:
1) Me keeping this blog of my progress
2) Keeping/Posting all my workout weight/reps and Photos
3) All of you checking in on me
********************************************************************************
So tomorrow will close this chapter of Phase II with the posting of Week 8 Photos. Yet, another chapter will open with Phase III.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Countdown till Progress Reports (& Pics): 5 DAYS
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'll be back tomorrow pushing play.

No comments: