Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 59 - Armageddon III

So far... So Good with Phase III. I'm really excited about having Chest&Back and Shoulders&Arms this week. I like chest and back because it uses every pushup under the sun so the workout can be less free weight intensive. I loved seeing that I did X amount of weight in Phase I and now I'm doing X + 10#, 15#, etc. And today was just that sort of day.

I used the weights and reps that I did in Week 3 (Phase I) and added 5#. So if I curled 25#'s in Phase I, then I picked up the 30#. I thought it was a good way to see where I was at in terms of strength increase, and if 5# increase was too little, then since this workout repeats itself, I was able to go up (or down) another 5#.

I did put a limit of no more than 10#, because the point of my journey (this round) of P90X is to shred some fat and get my muscle tone back. I have the mass, I just need the definition, and with me doing 12-15 reps on each move, putting a weight increase limit on myself would help from blowing my arms out and be out with an injury for the rest of the Phase.

If you've been keeping up with the posts on my blog, you'll remember that I have an old left rotator cuff injury and that a month or so ago, I re-subluxated it. Well, I've added rotator cuff excersices (i.e. Scarecrows both vertical and lateral) to my each and every arm/shoulder workout. This will help build up my shoulder muscles and strengthen my rotator cuff muscles.

I can't wait to see what my 60 day progress photos look like compared to day 30 and day 1. Since tomorrow is Day 60, I am going to revisit the fit test and see "the progress". On the Interactive P90X Workout Spreadsheet that I have, I added a progress tracker that is similiar to the one on the MDB/Beachbody website. This will be a great way for me to SEE my progress not only in pictures but in a graphical way.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Countdown till Progress Reports (& Pics): 1 DAY
-----------------------------------------------------------


In the past few posts, I've been contemplating on wether or not to continue the "Doubles Routine" for Phase III. I really enjoy working out with the videos at night, but with the weight room at work, it poses a perfect opportunity for me to use a wide assortment of free weights, benches, mirrors, etc. Plus, it frees up time for me at the end of the day to throw in Cardio. It's a win-win situation. In addition, since this journey is all about complete and total transformation, AND I still have this "tire" around my waist, there is NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO CONTINUE CARDIO!

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play.

No comments: