Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Day 17 - Boulders for Arms

Shoulders and Arms today was another challenge for me to BUST last weeks numbers. Tony says Bulk8-10, Tone:12-15. Well, I'm been, for the past two weeks, hitting 16 reps with my weights, besides the excercises that Tony says do 16. So this week, "No Pain, No Gain" made me try to up the anty by going up in weights to get where 12-15 is the max.

This workout was INTENSE!! I think this is the best workout I've done since the start of P90X. I brought everything I had to the table. I pushed myself to the limits on reps/weights while keeping good form. I was getting that muscle pump that I use to get in the gyms those years ago that I've been lacking these past two weeks. It's a great workout, hands down. After reviewing my performance of the day, I don't think I could have brought anything more to Shoulders and Arms today. I gave it my all.

Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's, REPEAT! --> Can't get any easier, better than that. When I was doing my shoulder exercises (i.e. Deep Swimmers Press, Two-Angle Shoulder Flyes) my left shoulder, which I hurt a week ago, was twinging (if that's even a word). So I went as hard as I could, with the correct form, and doing the best that my shoulder would let me do.

I don't let it try to hold me back. I think that the more I work it out correctly, the stronger it will get, and the less likely it will give me problems in the future.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm craving desserts!! With Thanksgiving around the corner, all the stores have Pumpkin Pies & Pumpkin pie cheesecake. MY FAVORITE!! Then of course, there is acouple of steak houses on the way home from work. The smells are intoxicating.

BUT!!! I'm staying strong, I'm staying true. I took my week 3 pictures the other day and it's almost night and day of what I looked like a 17 days ago. So I'm using them as my motivation to get to day 90.

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play.

No comments: