Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Friday, October 19, 2007

Day 33 - Black Friday

Today WAS suppose to be Legs and Back. However, this day I was unable to workout.

No, not because I was sick; or hurt; or dying; or in the hospital; or out saving the world.

I didn't workout today because I just didn't have time. And that still is NO EXCUSE!

I could say that I didn't get much sleep last night, and add that I had to stay late at work. I could even say that when I got home I had to do some "Honey-Do" chores around the house, then put my son to bed. But I'm not going to.

In addition to all that, I would then add that I after putting my son down, my body was just too exhausted from the lack of sleep and the poor eating I did today due to not eating because projects run into each other and I have to be in two places at once.

But then again, it's all excuses.

It was the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" syndrome, and it's my fault for not pushing play today.

I'm just gonna cut my losses now, and just call today "Black Friday"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
However.....
Steps Taken Today: 10,004
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play. NO EXCUSES THIS TIME!!!

1 comment:

ace said...

Hey, I really like your blog. You can really see a huge difference in your photos.

I've been doing P90X for about 9 weeks now and I know what it feels like when you miss a workout, or even a week of them. I talk about that some in my blog some. What I think is really important to remember is that sometimes getting some extra rest can be more important than "Bringing It." The couple of times I missed my workouts I actually found I hadn't gained any weight and that I was actually stronger than before.

P90X really doesn't have very much actual recovery in the program. All recovery is "active" meaning you still workout at a reduced level of intensity. In terms of time however, the recovery weeks built into the program are a little longer than the normal weeks.

I've been working out for a long time doing a lot of different things and one of the things I've noticed is that our bodies require stress (like P90X) to be healthy, but they also sometimes need more rest than normal to achieve peak fitness levels. I wouldn't sweat that missed day too much.

Train well.