Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 60 - Yoga and Progress Report

-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------

Well today is the DAY. Today was JAM PACKED with P90X. I had to do:
1) Yoga X -- Have to stay on schedule
2) Fit Test -- See where I'm at on Day 60
3) TAKE PHOTOS!!

Let's go down the list and see how today went.

First off is Yoga. So far, this workout has gone from being rough and tough and almost impossible to go through without having to take a break from all the sweating your doing, or crying out in pain from the positions you have to put yourself through to a workout that is almost that "ZEN-like" state.

I've gone against the grain and instead of listening to the P90X music, I've been using the music off selection and put in a meditative CD of mine. I turn up the volume to where the sound fills the room (without being obtrusively loud). So I just have to hear the queues on when to change. If anything comes out of this workout it's that I'm calm, collected, and more approachable after Yoga. The little things don't bother me as much after Yoga. The cry son, the barking dog, the bills in the mail, the mess I have to clean up after son spills something. It just doesn't bother me as much. But of course, that "zen" state can only last for so long ;). HAHA.

THE FIT TEST! DAY 60:
I know that they say you do the fit test after Day 90 in the program, but just like the photos and seeing your progress, it's also nice to visually/graphically see your progress in numbers as well. That's why I've decided to do the fit test on day 60 and day 90. I've incorporated a simple graph system for each of the steps in the Fit test in my Interactive P90X Workout Spreadsheet.

While I did surpass all my Day 1 numbers, it was my pull ups that completely shocked me. While on day 1, I was fighting/kipping/struggling to bump barely 3 pullups (it wasn't a pretty site) I am so proud of myself for getting 7 (really 7.5 but it wasn't a full 8, so I round down) pullups. Here are the numbers:

Day 1:Day 60
1: Resting Heart Rate6560
2. Pull Ups37
3. Vertical Leap2025
4. Pushups3047
5. Toe Touch-1+4
6. Bicep Curl w 20#1930
7. In & Outs5590
8. Heart Rate Maximizer
Immedite179172
1 Min Rest146135
2 Min Rest130117
3 Min Rest126111
4 Min Rest108108



PHOTO TAKING TIME!!!
Now it's come down to taking photos. Can it get better than this? Working out solid for 60 straight days. Through all the ups and downs, I have something to show for it. Oh in this case, something I don't have: My dwindling stomach fat. Hopefully with the extra cardio that I'm doing in Phase III, my 90-day pictures will be amazing.

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm very impressed. You must be so happy with your results so far - your photos show a dramatic change. Congratulations...only one more month to go! -sheshard

Anonymous said...

You are on the home stretch!!! I am so glad I found your blog when I did. It was just the motivation I needed. Good Luck and keep bringing it!

Anonymous said...

Dude,
Just ran across your site. You look totally different. Good for you!