Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day 44 - Plyo Power

Another day of plyo done, finished, in the books, el fin......

In addition to completing "The X in P90X", it was done in my hotel room. So even plyometrics CAN BE DONE when on the road!! No excuses everyone. I'm putting this one to rest.

Even though I was still huffing and puffing through the entire workout. I was able to reach my goal. After 6 weeks of plyometics, on this 7th week. This Grand, Glorious, Golden Week I have finally been able to keep up with Dominique. YES!! HOORAY!! KUDOS TO ME!!!

Don't get me wrong, this workout still kicks my tail each and every time, but if you've been keeping up with me, you should know that it's been my goal to mirror Domi. Each workout, I get a little closer, and a little closer. Finally, today I was able to creep up right next to him.

I'm writing this done as a MILESTONE DAY!!! The first time I did plyo, my goal was not to throw up or pass out. Seriously!!!!!

Slowly, but surely, "The Mother of All Workouts" is becoming "The Mommy".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been trying to keep my nutritional intake at it's best. However, without my normal kitchen and having to eat out for lunch and dinner, it's a little harder than I thought. I stay to the restaurants that have "healthy" menus. Smaller Portions, Better selection of vegetables, chicken, fish. No mexican food, no heavy italian food, no pizza, no burgers, no bbq. Healthy all the way.

I'm doing pretty good (~8 on 1-10 scale) on making healthier food choices and portion sizes. I also have a folded up copy of Michi's ladder so I know what foods to pick and which ones to not.

I don't expect to eat 100% perfect or healthy all the time in these 90 days. But it's the journey of changing my mindset to make the choices. Small choices today will become habits tomorrow. Throw a bunch of habits together and you have a pretty nice lifestyle which will stick with you forever.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE! I'm doing the second round of the X and still can't keep up with Dom!

Unknown said...

Enjoy you blog. Yours is the best one that I have seen so far. I like the way you did the week by week photos. I am thinking about starting the program and your blog took me one step closer. Keep up the good work.

Trevor

Unknown said...

Enjoy you blog. Yours is the best one that I have seen so far. I like the way you did the week by week photos. I am thinking about starting the program and your blog took me one step closer. Keep up the good work.

Trevor