Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Day 31 - Back & Bicep

Did Back & Biceps for the first time last night.. This workout has the potential to give me amazing results on the "Guns". But at the end of it I was alittle bummed and disappointed w/ myself.

I was doing the WOWY thing, which gives you a time limit. A specific amount of time for each workout. You click Start, there's a timer that ticks down, and you click Done when your done with your workout.

I wasted so much time switching out weights, since I have those spin lock DB's, trying to figure out what weight to curl. One exercise I need 20# to get that burn around rep 12, the next is 10#, the next 16# (I have 3#'s not 2.5). With switching out weights, unspinning the lock, switching out plats, spinning back on the lock and trying to get it all done in time, I guess my mind was more into finding the weight instead of doing the exercise. So even though I got a really good pump, I didn't get that feeling that I worked out to my full potential.

I expected this to happen since the same thing happened on the first workout of Shoulders and Arms trying to find the right weight. But, on the flip side, NOW I KNOW what weights I need. So next time, I'll be able to give it my all and do the right weights.

I definitely need to save up some money (which will take forever w/ wife and 2 kids) or start up a "Nicks D.B. Fund" to get me some solid DB's or some of those sweet selectable DB's.

-------------------------------------------------------
HOWEVER, on the plus side. I'm LOVING the new meal plan!!!! The new foods, recipes, and finally CARBS!!!!! I brought back the Beef&Broccoli recipe from Phase I cause it was my favorite. It's going to be alot easier staying focused to the plan being that the assortment of food is more inline to what I already eat.

PLUS! My wife (being the pregnant finicky eater that she is) said that the food looks and smells good and that she'll probably eat the food along w/ me. So that'll cut down on having to buy MY food and HER food.
-------------------------------------------------------

In addition to Phase II, I am carrying around a pedometer. They say that the normal "office" worker only gets in around 2,000 steps in a day. The recommend amount is 10,000. WOW!! So I'm going to also keep track of how many steps I take a day, and do what I have to do to get at or around 10,000 steps. If that's going for a ten minute walk w/ my son: GREAT!! If that's walking my overweight dog: GREAT! If that's adding Cardio X (since I hate running) that day: AWESOME!!!! I'll keep you guys up-to-date on the step-o-meter.

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play

1 comment:

DavidJ said...

Dude...your pictures look awesome! I agree with you about the weights. I asked my brogher about those weights and he told me to just use the bands or get dumbells that are fixed to a specific weight (the hexagon ones).

Anyway push through it man!

Have you signed up as a coach yet? You have that get up and go that makes a successful coach! Let me know if I can help!

Dave Daikeler
Independent Million Dollar Body Coach and Founder
www.milliondollarbody.com/davidj