Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 34 - Kenpo Kid II

Judo Chop!!! --> (My impression of Austin Powers Skills)

Ah, another round of Kenpo. This week, I was cleaning up around the house and I found 3lb weights that can be velcro'ed around your wrists or ankles. Also, it just so happened to be Kenpo day.

I've wanted to spice up the blocking section of this workout since the first time I did Kenpo X in Phase I. Usually, I'm sitting in a deep horsestance and going 2x faster than the group during the blocking phase. Not really getting anything out of it. Believe me when I say that I'm using good form and trying to hit each and every move. I'm not just flailing my arms around. These 3lb weights might give me that difference I need.

It makes a BIG difference. I just used the 3lbs, and I was feeling it in my shoulders and triceps. Nothing like Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps workout, but enought to give Kenpo that extra needed "KICK" so that I get every ounce of workout from the DVD. While I still went faster than the group on the blocks, I got one heck of a burn!!!!!! These weights are now part of my MUST HAVE list of equipment when doing P90X.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, I visted my Mom & Dad. My dad got a new grill and wanted to try it out. There is nothing better to break in a grill than STEAK!!!! So while I didn't have the P90X meal of the day, I still stuck true to eating healthy by making it Lean Steak (Michi's Tier3), sweet potatoe (Yams) (T1), a whole wheat roll(T1), and a salad w/ Fat Free Ranch. YUM! YUM! YUM!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steps Taken Today: 7,985 --> Driving half the day took alot of my steps away

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play

No comments: