Cool Downloadable Workbook w/ Progress Tracker

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 32 - Me and My Yoga Belly

Before I go into today's Yoga workout, I wanted to show everyone my son yesterday trying to keep up w/ Dad during Back and Biceps. My wife got a shot up him doing this while I was on the chin-up bar.

He has the form almost perfect ;) He gives them back to me, saying that it's my turn. So I do a few. He looks at me, and says "You did good Dad." HAHAHA.. Well, Thanks Son.

------------------------------------------------

Almost through the first week of Phase II. Today was a much, much needed yoga day. My biceps, triceps, forearms, chest, and back were all crying for yoga to come save them and to be stretched out.

I was able to get off alittle early today, so I rushed home and threw in a round of Cardio X. My work schedule 7am - 430pm makes it impossible for me to get a workout in the morning. So this was a treat to have some time to get a round in.

The reason for this extra push for Cardio is that I want to get this tire off my stomach ASAP. I'm not seeing it go away as fast as I would like. So I'm trying to kick it into overdrive.

I know that Yoga is making my inner-self stronger. I'm able to hold my positions longer, my lunges are deeper. And what makes me the happiest of all is that my flexibility is getting better and better each day.

For the first time EVER, I've been able to grab AROUND my feet during the sitting straight leg stretches. I've NEVER been able to do that.

I highly recommend getting a yoga block. Either go buy one, borrow one, or make one (that's what I did - 4"x6"x9"). It has helped me get that "controlled" stretch.

------------------------------------------------------
Another day added to the books of sticking to the meal plan. The food this phase is easier to make and better tasting. They say that the first step to weight loss is the food you eat. Well, I can contest to that. I'm down 10lbs since day 1. AMAZING!!! But I think p90X had alot to do with it also. However, I'm not seeing as fast of results in week 4 and week 5 like I did in the first three weeks. Hopefully, the change in diet and adding Cardio X will change that.
-------------------------------------------------------

I did 11,583 steps today. That counted Cardio X too.

I'll be back tomorrow pushing play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratz on the great work! I like your idea of using Google spreadsheets to show your workout details...may copy you on my site.
-s
http://sheshard.wordpress.com/

ace said...

Ditto on the spreadsheet. I have one on my laptop but didn't think to upload it. Doing that now. Thanks for the idea. Your blog is a great resource. Keep up the good work.

ace
http://tritrainingfrenzy.blogspot.com/